Painting is a great way to engage your kiddos at home, work on fine motor skills and let them be creative! But some parent avoid it because it can also get super messy! Here are a few tips to keep little ones and parents happy!
1. Q-TIPS: Use Q-tips instead of paint brushes. Easy for the kids to use and just throw them away when they’re done!
2. WIPES: Keep wipes close by. If your kids are anything like mine, they love paint but don’t want any on their hands.
3. GO NAKEY: If you don’t have smocks or aprons, just let the kids take off their shirts before starting (mine are usually half-naked anyway).
4. CLIPBOARDS: Use clipboards to keep painted paper in place. If you don’t have any, then tape will work too. This is especially important if you follow tip number 5.
5. GO OUTSIDE: The best way to avoid getting paint in the house is to not paint inside! Painting outside is a nice way to keep the kids engaged and avoid getting dragged into another game of chase, tag or hide-and-seek.
Painting with toddlers and preschoolers at home does not need to be painful! Happy painting!