My husband and I took lots of road trips together before we had kids and it was important to us that we continue that tradition with our kids. A couple of summers ago, we took a couple of long trips, and I wanted to find books about maps to prepare my son (Alice was just a hope at the time) for the trip. I could only find dry, nonfiction books that “taught” about maps.
It wasn’t until this summer – with no road trips in sight – that I FINALLY discovered these gems. Each one explores the concept and aspects of maps in colorful and interactive ways.
- Help Find Frank by Anne Bollman
- Henry’s Map by David Elliot
- Mapping Sam by Joyce Hesselberth
- There’s a Map on My Lap by Tish Rabe
- Kat’s Maps by John Scieska
- Me on the Map by Joan Sweeney
- Are We There Yet, Daddy? By Virginia Walters